I DID IT!
I DID IT!!!
Quick impressions of the 2011 Broad Street Run:
- Great course! Mostly a downward gradient with a few gentle hills.
- The weather was pitch perfect for a run.
- This course is best run without an iPod.
- I wore a smile the entire course due to the wonderful supportive spectators that lined the entire course. My favorite were the church women dressed in their Sunday finest ringing bells and cheering the runners as they passed by.
- Pure awesome moment of the race – rounding City Hall en route to South Broad Street I spied a sign hung over a balcony that read ‘Go Tania Go!’
- Approaching the finish line at the Navy Yard, I enjoyed reading the chalk messages on the road. If you want to know content of the messages, I suggest you sign up for the 2012 Broad Street Run.
- Running through open fire hydrants is a guilty pleasure 🙂
- Plentiful water stations along the course which makes for a good distance run.
- Medals were given to every finisher this year.
- My official chip time: 1:47:57. Not too shabby for a first time run, now I have a benchmark time to improve upon next year.
- Should you train for this run? Hell yes! See you in 2012 🙂